Applications for Retina Australia Research Grants open in mid-April each year, and close on 30 June each year.
Our Retina Australia Funding Guidelines can be downloaded here. Interested individual researchers, or institutions should contact the Secretary for additional information, if required, on email@example.com.
Applications lodged with Retina Australia must be one of the following:
(a) In the form of a NH&MRC research application which may be either:
- a new application for NH&MRC funding; or
- a previously successful application that will receive continued NH&MRC funding in the year for which Retina Australia funding is sought.
(b) In the form of a HRC of NZ research application which may be either:
- a new application for HRC of NZ funding; or
- a previously successful application that will receive continued HRC of NZ funding in the year for which Retina Australia funding is sought.
(c) A direct application to Retina Australia.
Applications should be made electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
An applicant submitting a new NH&MRC or HRC of NZ application is required to lodge a copy of the application together with the following:
- a letter requesting that the application also be considered an application to Retina Australia; and
- an appropriate completed summary sheet (see Appendix A)
An applicant who has previously received Retina Australia funding and has already submitted their NH&MRC or HRC of NZ application to Retina Australia is required to notify Retina Australia of the need for continuing support, together with the following:
- a copy of their updated publication list;
- a copy of their updated list of currently held and requested research funding; and
- an appropriate completed summary sheet (see Appendix B)
Applicants making a direct application to Retina Australia must submit their application using the form provided (see Appendix C).